Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Mady Kate had picture day at her preschool today. (Little Pam)
I know, I know she is dressed for a warm summer July day. All of the hand-me-down fall clothes are in the attic. The reason I did not get them down is because I am weak and can't open the attic door by myself. Which leads me to tell you that John is out of town.....

John has been in Knoxville this week and he's usually the attic man. Let me tell you, I have a whole new respect for a single mother of 3. It has been non-stop mommy for 4 days now. I rely on John so much and he is so helpful with the kiddos. I told my friend Christin today that I would just like to go to the bathroom by myself for once. You don't realize how "special" that is until you have a 4yr.old asking 500 questions and a hungry baby attached at all times. I really miss John and I'm really ready for him to come home. The reason I am able to do this right now is because Jack is asleep, Mady Kate is "cleaning" her room and Lucy is "organizing her life". the first thing I want John to do when he gets home is to get the clothes down from the attic. I pray that there are several things that will fit Mady Kate. Speaking of clothes... Lucy's second grade class is learning about the different seasons. Her teacher told them yesterday that people wear different types of clothes for different seasons. Then she gets everyone to pick a piece of paper out of a hat. Each piece had a different season listed. Then she tells them that Friday they will have a "FASHION SHOW". You will dress for the season that you chose. Well, what do you think Lucy chose? Winter. Guess where the winter clothes are. The attic and still at the stores.
I'm not sure how I feel about a second grade fashion show. I think they could have "discovered the seasons" in another way. Lucy is all about it though. I'll post pics later. We are all going to be in Oxford this weekend for the football game. Gram, Pappy, Nana, uncle, Christi, John, Julie, Lucy, Mady Kate, Jack, Uncle Larry, Aunt Jeanie, Kristen, Jeremy, Karey and Clay. That's just our crew. Groving will be fun with all of the McCartney fam. Again, I will say. I love my husband and he is soooo missed.

A quick story. Monday, we got in the van headed to Wal-Mart. On our way we got caught by the train. Not only was the train in the way but it was stalled there. We sat there for 30 minutes. It wasn't as bad as you would think. The wind was blowing so I opened the sunroof and the windows and listened to KLOVE. Then we started hearing sirens. An ambulance in fact. I said to the girls, " Oh no, an ambulance is needing to come this way and can't get by". Mady Kate replies, "Mommy, we need to pray". I thought to myself, I am so happy for Mady Kate to think about the poor people that need that ambulance. She prays, " Dear Lord, would you move that train so we can get to Wal-Mart and Lord, I'm ready for my Daddy to come home because I miss him, and Lord, free the Jena six. Amen. Not sure what we are going to do with her.

Happy Birthday Christin!!!