Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Friday afternoon we headed to Oxford for the Ole Miss/ LA Tech football game. John had been in Knoxville all week so he met us at Matt's house. I wish you could have heard my girlies when John pulled up. Later that night our McCartney family from Ruston came to join us for the weekend. We had people staying all over Oxford. Gram and Pappy, Nana and Uncle Larry and Aunt Jeanie stayed at Matt's, We stayed at the Flynts house and Matt and Christi, Karey and Clay and Kristen and Jeremy stayed at Brian and Laura Carr's house. What wonderful people those Flynts and Carrs to "keep" us. Thank you!!!!
Saturday morning John and I got up and at em at 5:30am. We arrived at Matt's at 7:15. We were greeted at the door by my Dad with his mouth opened down to his knees in shock because we had gotton there so early with everyone bathed and dressed. Within the next hour everyone (the fam) started pouring in.
9am- departure from Matt's
9:30am- arrival @ the GROVE
We really had a great time with our family and friends. I have never seen my kids look so dirty and so cute at the same time. Lucy and Mady Kate played football with Tyler Smith and Bailey Simpson. Their feet were black with dirt. Jack enjoyed lounging in his stroller under the tent in the warm air.
One of Matt's friends came by the tent and offered to take our family picture. How nice. We really enjoyed being with all of them.
Saturday night we ate dinner at Matt's. Brian and Laura, Mrs. Cheryl, Jenny and Ann Alise came by also.Gram and Pappy, Christi and the Tatums spent the night at Matt's. The next morning we got up to go to FBC Oxford. My parents left to go home then. They stopped in Memphis to see Bro. Tom and Mrs. Donna at Baptist Hospital. After lunch, Christi and I took the kids to the Episcopal church to the pumpkin patch and took some pictures. We didn't get many because my batteries went dead-the story of my life.
Pictures of the Week



Christi and Matt in the GROVE


All of the ladies in the fam.




Matt's friend probably took a better picture, but here it is.









Trivia


I need to know the name of something. Christi and I can't remember what these things are called. I will describe it to you below. Please e-mail your answer to me at julietatum@comcast.net.


It's a piece of cardbord backing with a bald mans face on the front. The whole thing is covered with plastic and had metal shavings collected at the bottom. Using a little red pen you can gather the shavings and make hair and/or a beard for the man. You can buy them at places like the Cracker Barrel.

Friday is John's birthday so....

Happy Birthday John!!!!!!

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!





1 comment:

"the fourds" said...

Jack is going to be grown before I see him. I am sorry we have not gotten over there but Claudia has had a cold (I think allergy) for the past month. Love the pictures.