Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm back!






I don't think that the WORLD WIDE WEB is big enough for my story of the last few months. However, I will try to refer back to moments as they come to my head. For now I will still start with NOW!!









This past weekend my parents came to Brandon because Lucy got baptized Sunday. We are so proud of her. She made a profession of faith while I was on bedrest back in June and I was not there to see her make it public. John and Moma were there with her. I wanted to see her baptized so we wanted to wait until we could all go.


Sunday afternoon Lucy finally lost her top front tooth that has been loose since January!!! She was so brave. However, she sort of looks like a hillbilly. She went from looking like a sweet little girl to being toothless in 2 seconds. I know that all kids have to go through this but it was sad to me because she doesn't look like a little girl anymore. :(






Uncle Matt flew into the Jackson airport Monday night. He had gone to Houston to see a friend and the whole family went the airport to pick him up. Pappy, Gram, Lucy, Mady Kate, John, Jack and I were all waiting at the gate for him to arrive. As he came out we all started jumping and waving our arms in the air screaming," Matt, over here"!!!!!! We all love to embarrass him. He had a little gift for the girls from his trip. He also was able to visit with our family friends, the Suttons, while in Houston. [ What about those tacos?-Mrs. Charlotte]






Tuesday morning my parents left and life goes on for the Tatums. We took Jack to the doctor for his weekly weigh-in and has finally doubled his birth weight. 5lbs. 10 oz. He's getting so big. He is still having a little trouble with going to bathroom so the doctor wants him to take Milk of Magnesia everyday. My Ammo would be so proud. She believed in that stuff. It was the remedy for every ailment.






Last night Mady Kate had open house at her school. (4K) Her teacher is Mrs. Mary and she calls her 10 students her little lambs. Get it? Mary-lambs. She knows 2 other kids in her class. She walked in there like she owned the place, not one bit scared or timid. I think she is going to love it. So now we get to this morning....






I had a garage sale last week and we decided to put a for sale sign on John's truck because it does have room for car seats and it's a stick shift, in which I can not drive. He wants to get a vehicle that can fit all 3 car seats and I can drive when I leave by myself. I put the sign on and within 20 minutes it was SOLD!!!!! We couldn't believe it. Soooo, we are a one car family for now.






This morning we all got up at 6am. A water line was cut in our neighborhood last night so no one got a bath last night. All 4 of us got up and had breakfast, baths, hair, dressed and backpacks and Jack wakes up, hungry. 6:55a We usually get Lucy to school by 7am, however, All five of us had to go together. Here's how it went... Lucy and Mady Kate in the very back of my van, John and Jack in the middle seats(John feeding Jack a bottle because we didn't have enough time before we left), and me driving my load.



7:00- Left home



7:15 -Arrive at Lucy's school, wait in line



7:31- Lucy dropped off at school



7:32- Drive to Pearl



7:45- John dropped off at work



7:47-Drive back to Brandon( passed 2 wrecks, slow and go)



8:07-Arrive at Mady Kate's school, wait it line



8:22-Mady Kate dropped off at school



8:30-Jack and I arrive back home






When I dropped MK off she was out the door before I knew it and she didn't even turn back. After all of that hustle and bustle this morning, I felt like honking my horn and saying " Goodbye to you too" It was a wild morning but I loved every minute of it. AND guess what. I have start all over again at 11:15 and then at 2, and 5 and church at 6. Can anyone say- burning gas?






Considering what Jack and I went through in July, I don't care how much gas I burn or how long I stay in the road or anything else. I am here to be with my sweet baby boy and my precious girls and my wonderful husband. Praise God. He is so good.






Jack is calling so I must run.






Hope everyone has a super day.



1 comment:

Jason and Leslie said...

We are glad to see that you and Jack are doing good. Keep us updated with pics on Jack as he grows!