Friday, November 2, 2007

Who would have thought

Picture of the Week!!!!
Happy Halloween!!!!
Thank you Gram for making Lucy and Mady Kate's costumes for them. You did a great job and the girls were very pleased with them.

Who Would Have Thought

As many of you faithful readers know, I am a little different. And, I'm okay with that. I have gone through 29 years, 10months and 26 days of marching to the beat of my own drum. My drum has usually consisted of bells and whistles, bright colors, polka dots and streamers and at times plain brown or blue. I like to be different. When everyone wore their hair long and straight, I wore mine short. When everyone decorated their homes in earth tones, I didn't. It's not because I didn't like these other things. I just like to be different.

When John and I got married 9 years ago, I had a vision of how my life would be. I knew that I wanted to be a mom and John knew he wanted to be a dad. I saw our house in my head and we were surrounded by color. As the years have gone by, I think John has come to realize that it's probably not going to change that much. I love my "early attic" furniture and my polka dot drapes. They make me happy when I look at them. I want my guests to be comfortable and enjoy something a little different. Polka dots are just plain attractive to me. I'm drawn to them like a thirsty man is drawn to water . My family questioned me when I chose black and white polka dot fabric for the drapes in my living room. I told them that I could not have it any other way because I knew that one day, people other than me would get as much pleasure from them as I. Plus, I considered them to be my neutral in the room. Did I mention that I like to be different? Well, guess what. I figured out who loves my black and white polka dot drapes as much as I. Our sweet son. Bless his heart, he can stare at those drapes and pillows forever. I know that little babies get smarter when exposed to black and white patterns, but this is hilarious. When I chose that fabric a couple of years ago, we were not planning on having anymore children. Maybe without realizing I chose that fabric for our precious miracle, Jack. So he could have something that he enjoyed looking at so much. Did I mention that I like to be different?







Now

I have a challenge for you.

This Christmas, John and I have decided that we are going to "adopt" a child for Christmas. This means that we will buy less for us so that another child can have a Merry Christmas. We want the girls to participate in this fully because we want them to feel the joy of giving. We have not found our child yet but I'm working on it . You can ask at schools, hospitals, churches and so many more places for a name that is in need. I am more excited about this than any other thing when I think about Christmas this year. Please join us and find someone near you that needs your family's love this Christmas. I would love to hear from the ones who would like to do this also.

Make this special.


No comments: