Wednesday, November 7, 2007

All I want for Christmas

PICTURE OF THE WEEK


All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!!!


I personally, have never known someone who was toothless at Christmas time. It just cracks me up. I took this picture right after she got out of the tub tonight. Her hair is quite beautiful in this picture I see. ha.

I have heard my mother say in the past that she has a"good smeller". I know exactly what she's talking about because I inherited that trait. She and I can smell really well. John has had to get up many times during the night to go see if the attic is on fire or if the dryer is about to blow. I can walk in a department store by the perfume counter and suddenly in my mind be sitting in my grandmother, Ammo's, living room just by the smell of "Estee". I can open a fresh box of band-aids and be at the "bo-bo house" in Jena in a snap. Matt called the Health Dept. the bo- bo house. Oh, and honeysuckle. I am riding bikes with Matt and our neighbor, Katie Wilson on the "Junior High trails" and with that overwhelming smell we had to stop and drink the honeysuckle. That was fun stuff. I say all of this because I came across a smell today that brought back a vivid memory...





Jack had his 4 month check-up with his pediatrician this morning. His doctor checked him out from head to toe and then he received 3 shots which he did not enjoy. He got a good report except for an ear infection and a cold. Bless his little bones, he couldn't even tell his mommy. That makes me sad, you know? Anyway, he was given an antibiotic called Cefzil. Not that it matters. Then we all traipsed into CVS and waited to have his prescription filled. While we were waiting we saw many people come and go through the "fancy" drugstore waiting room. Oh, and by the way, this is a side note. The lady behind the counter was quite distraught over all of the people waiting for her to call their name. She kept coming over to the little room and asking our names( the ones who were waiting). I heard Jones, Willis, Brown, me, Tatum and then from a man next to me, sdjfhdhjsonliu. Folks, this is what I heard and obviously what the kind lady heard but she was not going to admit it. Five minutes later the lady is back for Willis and then says," Can everyone give their names again". So, Jones, Brown, Tatum and iqkdirndk. Confused, she said Thank you. she returns to the "outbox" and thumbs through the bags of drugs. She comes back and says, "Ma'am, what is your name". I said, "Tatum", with a slightly raised voice so she would be sure to hear and remember me. "Okay" 3 minutes pass and she comes out to the man next to me and finally asks, "Sir, would you please spell your name"? Again, very hard to understand so she asks him to spell once more. He replies" Look lady, I only have 2 teeth can you give me a pen". Needless to say, it took alot for me not to die out laughing. Again, my memory, I'm sorry. When we got home from the drugstore I opened the bag and saw that his medicine had to be refrigerated. Before I put it up, I measured out his first dose. When I opened that bottle, it all started coming back. Matt and I had taken that same medicine when we were kids and I still remembered the smell. I have to admit that one day, as a child, I was looking in the refrigerator for something drink and could not find anything I wanted. I took that bottle of Cefzil and chugged it. Isn't that awful. But, you know, that stuff was good and cold. Someone didn't get all of their antibiotic because I was drinking it as if it were kool-aid. I'm sorry Mom for drinking the medicine. Just thought I would share.

No comments: