Tuesday, September 25, 2007




Sunday
We had Parent-Child Dedication at church on Sunday and Jack was dedicated. Five families stood in front of our church and promised to make our home a Christian home and promised to be faithful to God, to prayer and His word and to the church. We also promised that we would lead Jack to a loving relationship with Jesus Christ. That was so special to us.
I remember on a daily basis about what Jack and I went through in July and how I was so down and sad about not having Jack home with us and me feeling physically and emotionally awful. I could have not put one foot in front of the other without our amazing Father. He is our ever-present help.
I love you, O Lord, my strength, The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise and I am saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3
I am reminded every day of the song by Kathy Troccoli, "My Life is in Your Hands". I wish that I were blessed with the gift of song so I could sing this to all of you. Instead, I will write out the lyrics.
Life can be so good, life can be so hard
Never knowing what each day will bring to where you are
Sometimes I forget, sometimes I can't see
That whatever comes my way you'll be with me
My life is in your hands, my heart is in your keeping
I'm never without hope, not when my future is with you
My life is in your hands and though I may not see clearly
I will lift my voice and sing 'cause Your love does amazing things
Lord, I know my life is your hands
Nothing is for sure, nothing is for keeps
All I know is that your love will live eternally
So I will find my rest and I will find my peace
Knowing that you'll meet my every need
When I'm at my weakest oh, You carry me
Then I become my strongest, Lord in your hands
I have always heard that we are God's hands and feet here on earth doing his work. This concept was shown to us over and over in the ministry of our friends and family. There was the blood drive at Trinity Baptist in Southaven, all the meals brought to us by our church, phone calls from so many places offering support and most of all the prayers of so many in so many different places asking for healing and comfort.
Jack weighed 2 lbs. 13 oz. when he was born. Last Friday, September 21st., his actual due date he weighed 6 lbs. and 14oz.
We feel so blessed to have Jack here and healthy. God has been overwhelmingly present and faithful.











Lucy learns how to do house work

This past week I have been teaching Lucy how to do basic chores around the house. I had no idea that she would catch on and love it so much. As soon as she gets in from school she wants to know what she can do to help me. While I know most of you are saying, "that must be nice" know that I am not counting on it lasting very long. I'm sure the newness will wear off soon. First I taught her how to clean out the dishwasher. Then she wanted to load it. She really does a great job. Now there were drops of water all over the floor, but I didn't say a word. Next I taught her to fold clothes. She's not real sure about what goes with what so she had many different piles, again, it's okay, I'm not complaining. You should have seen her folding towels, she stood up and used her whole body, too cute. Last, sweeping the kitchen. She pretended that she was the host of a TV show about house cleaning and talked the whole time to the "camera". I asked Mady Kate if she wanted to learn how to do house work and she said, "no thanks"!!!

Now for the "Jena Six"

Most of you know that I am from Jena, LA. I know that most of you have been seeing the news lately about the "Jena Six". It is very unfortunate that all of that has happened and I will not get into my thoughts on that. However, I would like to tell you that what you are seeing about the town of Jena is not really how it is. It's funny to me when they are showing pictures of the town they are picking and choosing establishments that does not necessarily represent Jena correctly. The background music that you hear is banjo picking that sounds like something from Deliverance. Jena is a nice, cute little southern town with many friendly, God-fearing people, black and white. Below, I posted a picture of Louisiana with LaSalle parish highlighted. Please remember the people who live there and are living through this media frenzy. Please remember to pray for the families that are involved on both sides of this issue.

Have a great week.










No comments: